Friday, September 12, 2014

Tempest 8 (Miranda)

It pained me to watch Ferdinand work. But inside, I was soaring with delight- for me he was doing this. For me. I was just the girl he had met when his ship had sunk, the girl who had sustained his family. He was doing backbreaking work for my hand, and even through my protests held fast. 
It seamed we had know each other forever, while in reality, only a few short days ago, I knew no true man but my father  (and that deformed cripple whom  never remember his name).
At last I convinced him to take a break, no matter how short. We sat on my log together, and he touched my lips with his own. When he held me close, I knew that, whether or not Father allowed us to be together, nothing could stop us from loving each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment