Hello there- I severely apologize for my terrible handwriting, but Bette is pulling my hair so violently I can barely write. Music can barely be heard from downstairs, and I cannot wait to join them. I've never been to a real one before. Mama says that I must preform something, whether it be a dance or a song. She wishes to show me off, in hopes that I would gain a good husband. I am thirteen after all, and at the age to marry.
Papa, on the other hand, was a bit more preoccupied about security, when I asked him. Our knights have a bad habit of falling asleep at the perfect time for some Montagues to come in and wreck havoc. He's tried everything, but this time he had the apothecary make a potion to give energy. Papa is confident that it will work.
I, for one, am not. Our knights are so utterly daft that they would think a Montague was a Capulet if that's what they told them. And if they didn't think so at first- well, from what I've heard, the Montagues would be more then delighted to show off their pristine (or not so) fencing skills one-sided.
I never have learned why the Montagues are so feared. From all the stories Bette used to tell me, I could assume that they are greedy, and attack us for our wealth. I could assume that they are savage, hardly human creatures. Some of the more outlandish stories even portray them as werewolves, or even sorcerers who have bargained with the devil (for weeks after I heard that one, my hand was aching from crossing myself so much)! Now that I am older, I know that the werewolf one couldn't be possible, as our parties are always on the full moon, but for the sorcery...
We have had wizards and witches on trial here before, and I know they exist. I have never been near the courtroom during them, but all those who witnessed the trial always are shivering afterwards, no matter the temperature. One has even attempted to work magic at the trial, and the judge fell severely ill, and now is mad.
No comments:
Post a Comment