Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tempest 2 (Ferdinand)

I opened my eyes carefully. It appears that we have wrecked on an island of rock, but for some reason I hear music. Doing the thing that seemed sensible for a shipwreck survivor like me, I followed it.
 Before long, I saw what appeared to be a lump of cloth on the ground. It moved, and I realized it was a girl about my own age. She turned her face towards me, and stared.
"Why, look at it! It moves, and carries striking form. What is it?"
It was rather obvious that she hadn't seen a lot of men before. Only then did I realize how beautiful she was. She had eyes bluer then the ocean, and hair like obsidian. Her ruby lips stood out from porcelain skin. I was spellbound.
Then she gasped. "You must be from the ship I saw yesterday- are you?"
"Um," I cleared my throat. "Yes, miss, I am."
"Tell me- besides you, are there any survivors?"
It was my turn to gasp- I hadn't checked. I raced back to the rocks where I had woken up.

No comments:

Post a Comment