Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Alíenor 56

56
He led us down the stairs, and into the city. My eyes grew accustomed to the camouflage faster than I thought they would, and I could actually ignore the grumblings of our guide.
We came to a stop in front of a mossy grey-rock cottage not unlike the others. The elf muttered something barely comprehensible- about how everything was stocked and we would stay here- and stomped off. Aneira couldn't stop staring at the small building, and (once we'd stepped in) the furnishings. I couldn't blame her- before I had become a lady, I would have been amazed at our accommodations. Never mind the fact that the High Elves had more luxurious quarters: I would have taken this over that any day.
It was a run-of-the-mill cottage, except for the fact that everything was a work of art. I couldn't help wondering if all elf things were like this, and, as I fell asleep, I became increasingly excited for our time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment