Thursday, April 24, 2014

Amara reprise

I thought that, ever so often, I could do one of these. If you guys want me to continue (I often write this sort of stuff in ELA), please comment!

I miss Morfinduil.
It's not like I would join them again- I've seen enough- but the comforts and amenities are enough for anyone to long for! There (and in Sriya) I had swan-down mattresses, high-quality food, and servants waiting on my hand and foot. I had the loyalty of everyone (out of fear, I suppose), and I could be very controlling. Here, on the other hand, us soldiers sleep in threadbare tents on straw cots, gruel and the occasional roll for breakfast, and it is not uncommon for our wagons to be painted red and brown with rotted tomatoes when we travel through a village.
I admit- I was a spoiled brat back then. I did things I'd rather forget- killed a man, sent my roommate to the death camp, and others.  Even so, I wish I had savored those days. I am now fighting a hopeless war on the losing side, and I'm a traitor, so the chances of me getting that swan-down bed again are slim.
Why, oh why did I not treasure those days?

1 comment:

  1. Totally do more! You should do one of Sagecliff to....

    ReplyDelete