It was the next day that I heard the crying.
It's our study period/free time, and I have gone back to the room to pick up something (aka illegal snacks), but I stop on the landing in Elene's room. Muffled sobbing comes from the closed door, and I couldn't help but knock.
"Go away." Typical, right? So I really have no choice but to push open the door.
Elene is sitting at her desk with her head down- she hasn't noticed me yet. A single picture is tacked onto the bulletin board in front of her- herself with a blond wheelchair-bound girl laughing.
"Um..." She jumps.
"I thought I told you to go away!" Tears streak her face, and although her face is hard, her voice trembles.
"Free country. Unless that changed at international borders, I also have the technical right to be in the dorm which includes in here." She groans. "I hate you."
"Than we're even. But being the person I am, I can't help wondering what on earth could be the matter- I'll just have to wait here 'til I learn!"
Elene sighs. "Herrje, alles in Ordnung. Fine!" So she told me.
It's our study period/free time, and I have gone back to the room to pick up something (aka illegal snacks), but I stop on the landing in Elene's room. Muffled sobbing comes from the closed door, and I couldn't help but knock.
"Go away." Typical, right? So I really have no choice but to push open the door.
Elene is sitting at her desk with her head down- she hasn't noticed me yet. A single picture is tacked onto the bulletin board in front of her- herself with a blond wheelchair-bound girl laughing.
"Um..." She jumps.
"I thought I told you to go away!" Tears streak her face, and although her face is hard, her voice trembles.
"Free country. Unless that changed at international borders, I also have the technical right to be in the dorm which includes in here." She groans. "I hate you."
"Than we're even. But being the person I am, I can't help wondering what on earth could be the matter- I'll just have to wait here 'til I learn!"
Elene sighs. "Herrje, alles in Ordnung. Fine!" So she told me.
No comments:
Post a Comment