Time draws on slowly, but somehow I find myself at the end of October, in Language Arts class.
Ms. Thomas sits down on a chair, at the front of the class- unusual for her- and begins to speak.
"Where I'm from, in the United States, November is special for writers. Many of them- kids, teens, and adults alike, participate in a program called NaNoWriMo. It stands for National Novel Writing Month." She pauses a moment to let it sink in. "Each of you will set a goal between 10,000 to 50,000 words to write in the coming month, and we'll track your progress on the website. Today, we'll start brainstorming, and set our word goal."
I sighed, and put my head down. This would be a long month.
Ms. Thomas sits down on a chair, at the front of the class- unusual for her- and begins to speak.
"Where I'm from, in the United States, November is special for writers. Many of them- kids, teens, and adults alike, participate in a program called NaNoWriMo. It stands for National Novel Writing Month." She pauses a moment to let it sink in. "Each of you will set a goal between 10,000 to 50,000 words to write in the coming month, and we'll track your progress on the website. Today, we'll start brainstorming, and set our word goal."
I sighed, and put my head down. This would be a long month.
No comments:
Post a Comment