Sunday, April 6, 2014

Faye 6

I take the stairs two at a time, just so I could get it over with. My roommates aren't even out of their rooms yet- I can hear Leanor arguing over the phone in rapid-fire Welsh, and Elene scratching furiously with a pen, no doubt on yet another sticky-note.
It was mass exodus in the main hall. Girls flood out of dorms laughing and talking, and the stairs are packed. I sigh, and join the throng.
By the time I get to the kitchen, it's a good ten minutes after. The robust woman I saw earlier is bustling among the tables, carrying platters of cookies- sugar, snickerdoodle, and chocolate chip. Pitchers of milk are on the tables as well, and I forget my complaints.
Suddenly I feel a sharp jab in the rib, and I whirl. Leanor is failing to act innocent, and I poke her back, just for the fun of it.
"Guys," Elene whispers. "Don't get in trouble!" I turn to the teachers. They haven't noticed us yet, but they'd be bound to see if we didn't stop.
"True- we should sit down. They have cookies and milk for us."
"Cookies?" Judging from the way Leanor's eyes light up, and the way she spoke, I'm guessing that you do not want to be a country away from her if sugar enters her mouth. Lucky me.
We find an empty table and sit down. Elene immediately begins chatting with us about her life in the Alps, but I don't really pay attention. I'm more of a robot, unable to do much more than eat my cookie and stare into space. Miss Ross finally stands, and warns us that we'll be leaving on the tour in a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment