Thursday, April 10, 2014

Faye 10

The summer progresses like this: I get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, take three or four classes, et cetera. We don't do much more than that, besides to occasional field trip.
Suddenly, it's a week before real school starts. Then three days. Then one.

Beep Beep Beep
I sit up groggily, and twist to stop the alarm. No sunlight streams through the window, like normal- instead I can see the telltale grey of a thunderstorm. It hasn't started yet, but it will come!
Downstairs, also unlike normal, many of the girls are eating already. Breakfast is pancakes, but I can barely taste them. I won't being going to Middle School for the first time tomorrow. I won't get to chat with my old lunch table friends, or laugh about crazy things each one did. I'll just be stuck on the other side of the world, unable to do much more than Skype my old friends, and hope they don't forget me in the next seven years.
I go through the motions throughout the day, numb. My life couldn't be worse.


2 comments: