Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hazil 2

March 2, 2014
Shadowsea

Okay, about me: I'm the youngest of thirteen daughters, and the only one still obsessed with Dad's travels. I am fourteen, and my full name is Hazil Mari Nightshade. My father took several Otherworld names, and Anabru-ized them. That was probably the first latch of fascination I had on the Otherworld.
My mother, the congresswoman, is very interesting. Although she is a wise and just woman, she doesn't really understand me.  Dad is the only one who does, but because he travels so much, I don't see much of him.
He tells me that, despite tradition, the role of the Traveller will fall to me someday. I wish I could go with him sometime! The Otherworld sounds like an interesting place: filled with seas, and forests, and libraries filled with knowledge surpassing that of the Anabru Government. That, I think, is the most exciting of all the wonders there, even though I have never seen a lake or a forest before.
Dad leaves for another trip tomorrow. It'll last ten days. Oh, I wish he'd take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment