12
I had been moved out of my servant quarters for the night, and woke up to a surprise. A friend of mine, Danielle, was lighting the stone fireplace.
"Danielle!" I sat bolt upright. "What in heaven's name-"
"Good morning, my lady. It is nice to see you awake."
I was shocked. She had never spoken to me like this before! Then it it me: it was my new position. My name was Lady Alíenor of Llyn Idwal, and Danielle was under me. To my utter horror, I began to cry. "Please don't say that," I sobbed.
She looked at me, her face a mask of fear. "I am sorry, Alíenor! I have been ordered. We all have been."
"It's not you- I promise. I only am frightened. What awaits me there?" I could not help but weep harder.
I had been moved out of my servant quarters for the night, and woke up to a surprise. A friend of mine, Danielle, was lighting the stone fireplace.
"Danielle!" I sat bolt upright. "What in heaven's name-"
"Good morning, my lady. It is nice to see you awake."
I was shocked. She had never spoken to me like this before! Then it it me: it was my new position. My name was Lady Alíenor of Llyn Idwal, and Danielle was under me. To my utter horror, I began to cry. "Please don't say that," I sobbed.
She looked at me, her face a mask of fear. "I am sorry, Alíenor! I have been ordered. We all have been."
"It's not you- I promise. I only am frightened. What awaits me there?" I could not help but weep harder.
No comments:
Post a Comment