Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Alíenor 6

6
I left soon after, and got ready for bed. I couldn't sleep, though. I couldn't stop thinking about my parents, and why they could have hated the Council so!
I was in a fog for the whole of the next day, but that night my decision was made: I would read my mother's books.
I inherited very little from my mother. Book made up much of it- leather-backed journals, cloth-covered novels- and no money was to be found. I had found a not in the first, when I was eight:
My dear unborn child,
If you are reading this, you are breaking a moral rule: no spying in other's personal things. You are not ready to learn some things, no matter how mature you believe you are. Please wait till you are at least a teenager, and wondering why I did the things I did. If you are, read on!
Your loving mother,
Aenor Ayr
I turned thirteen (nearly) a year ago, but I did not wonder. Now, I open the fragile book, and begin to read.

3 comments: