Sunday, May 4, 2014

Alíenor 4

4
"No wonder!"
"How did we not know?"
"She's the spitting image of Aenor!"
"Watch your language, Elvira!"
"She is!"
I stepped back. "My ladies! I asked what she was like. Please- I never knew her."
Lady Elvira, the eldest, stood and took my grimy hands in her soft, wrinkled ones. "Alíenor, your mother was the most beautiful in the court-even the other ladies could not deny it. The most striking thing abkut her, however, was not her beauty. No, it was her kindness. She would chat with the servants. She would go out of her way to show the worst of the worst kindness. But there was one peculier thing about her: She opposed the Council wholeheartedly. It was for that reason that she was forced to leave the court. A knight- your father and her future husband- went with her voluntarily, but no one else did. The oldest of us regret that deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment