20
I was confined to my apartment for weeks, studying and studying. Aneira was my only friendly company- all my tutors had an arrogant air about them, and I absolutely despised them.
At last one found me sufficiantly versed in history, then another in manners, and still another in court functions. Each followed another, withdrawing their services, and before long I had one left, yet scheduled to leave in a week.
I was ecstatic. Aneira hurried the seamstress who was building my new wardrobe, and for morst of my free time, I was poked and prodded with needles and pins. I had to sew a bit, yet it did not bother me. I would much rather sew something useful than embroider a decoration.
My apartments were coming together. I knew I couldn't become too attached to the castle and the people here, but it was near impossible. Even if Aneira believed me, there was a slim chance of the others following my lead.
I was confined to my apartment for weeks, studying and studying. Aneira was my only friendly company- all my tutors had an arrogant air about them, and I absolutely despised them.
At last one found me sufficiantly versed in history, then another in manners, and still another in court functions. Each followed another, withdrawing their services, and before long I had one left, yet scheduled to leave in a week.
I was ecstatic. Aneira hurried the seamstress who was building my new wardrobe, and for morst of my free time, I was poked and prodded with needles and pins. I had to sew a bit, yet it did not bother me. I would much rather sew something useful than embroider a decoration.
My apartments were coming together. I knew I couldn't become too attached to the castle and the people here, but it was near impossible. Even if Aneira believed me, there was a slim chance of the others following my lead.
No comments:
Post a Comment