Thursday, May 8, 2014

Alíenor 8

8
I knew that something was different when I and a few others were summoned to the Great Hall. We weren't generally kitchen staff, and we would know weeks beforehand if there was to be a dinner. I had no idea what it was.
Perhaps that was the reason that I visited Lady Elvira's apartment a half hour before I had to go.
"I have no idea," she told me while scrubbing my face clean. "It is quite unlike Lord Ayr to do things such as this. There are rumors that he has been speaking to Llyn Idwal, but I cannot be certain whether or not they are true."
Llyn Idwal! My mother's birthplace, and nightmare.
After making sure I wore a clean dress, my hair was clean, and my face had been washed just short of rawness, she sent me on my merry way. I walked quickly to avoid tardiness. I, in fact, was two minutes early.
The duke stood talking with a man, but they turned to face me. I bobbed in a low curtsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment