13
We traveled for days- I lost track. I had never been this far from home, and I was restless. I wished to open the curtains on the litter, but Laird Arisaig refused to grant permission. I wanted to see the beauty of Lashar for myself- hearing the same epics and poems about it doesn't suffice- but I could not. I had to content myself with lessons. You would think I had manners enough, from living as a servant, but the tutor from the court was disgusted with my conduct. I had to be taught all sorts of new things: etiquette, languages, history, and the like. Excited I was for this new life, but impatient for it, too.
We traveled for days- I lost track. I had never been this far from home, and I was restless. I wished to open the curtains on the litter, but Laird Arisaig refused to grant permission. I wanted to see the beauty of Lashar for myself- hearing the same epics and poems about it doesn't suffice- but I could not. I had to content myself with lessons. You would think I had manners enough, from living as a servant, but the tutor from the court was disgusted with my conduct. I had to be taught all sorts of new things: etiquette, languages, history, and the like. Excited I was for this new life, but impatient for it, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment