2
As the young Duke grew older, I grew older. Soon he didn't need a nanny, and I was needed in other areas, with cleaning.
My dream was to be one of the ladies of the court, and I believe the Duchess was working on that. However, when she and her husband fell gravely ill, and passed away, my dream died too. As earlier mentioned, the new Duke despised me, and I was certain he would put my back a few steps in the caste system.
Somehow that has not happened, and they died two years ago, when I was eleven and he was seven.
My life since then has been a living nightmare. You wouldn't think a nine-year-old could be so cruel, but he is!
I've even heard rumors about him being a candidate for the Council. This is one thing I'm really scared of!
As the young Duke grew older, I grew older. Soon he didn't need a nanny, and I was needed in other areas, with cleaning.
My dream was to be one of the ladies of the court, and I believe the Duchess was working on that. However, when she and her husband fell gravely ill, and passed away, my dream died too. As earlier mentioned, the new Duke despised me, and I was certain he would put my back a few steps in the caste system.
Somehow that has not happened, and they died two years ago, when I was eleven and he was seven.
My life since then has been a living nightmare. You wouldn't think a nine-year-old could be so cruel, but he is!
I've even heard rumors about him being a candidate for the Council. This is one thing I'm really scared of!
No comments:
Post a Comment