7
As I read, I did begin to understand why. She had been born in Llyn Idwal, the capital and home of the Council, and had heard several secrets I shudder to record here. She was terrified to stay, but faced with an option: come to live at Ayr. She left at the age of twelve (one year younger than me!), and became a lady-in -waiting.
I was shocked at what she had endured, living with that knowledge, but also saddened. She had died with the knowledge that she had failed in her job.
I had to take up her mantle. Maybe it was only to honor her, but I also felt obligated to.
As I read, I did begin to understand why. She had been born in Llyn Idwal, the capital and home of the Council, and had heard several secrets I shudder to record here. She was terrified to stay, but faced with an option: come to live at Ayr. She left at the age of twelve (one year younger than me!), and became a lady-in -waiting.
I was shocked at what she had endured, living with that knowledge, but also saddened. She had died with the knowledge that she had failed in her job.
I had to take up her mantle. Maybe it was only to honor her, but I also felt obligated to.
I thought she was thirteen, not twelve
ReplyDelete???
Fixed it! Thanks!
DeleteYeah, sometimes i do that too; go back and change a tiny fact in the story so the plot will work better!
ReplyDelete