Sunday, May 11, 2014

Alíenor 11

11
I could not stop myself from sobbing as I packed my few belongings.  As much as I hated working for the duke, this was my home. I had lived here for the majority of my life, and I was leaving to go into a world of uncertainty and danger. I had heard of what I would recieve: expensive clothing, lavish quarters, and an extensive education. Not the worst welcome.
But I was also worried about my entrance to the court. I had come from servanthood, and (no use to lie) had grown beautiful. There were plenty of reasons to shut me out, and I knew not how to act.
I will leave at first light. At that time, servants would be lighting fires, cooking breakfast, feeding animals, dressng nobility- and I will be riding in a jewelled litter to Llyn Idwal, and my new future.

1 comment: