24
That night I slipped out for the first time. The castle was dark and damp, with no light but for a torch ever five yards or so. The hallways were, for the most part, empty, so I had a better chance of surviving the night.
When I heard footsteps and murmured voices, I pressed myself into a corner.
"My lord- how is our little pet?" A silky voice broke free of the gloom.
"Excellent, my child. They have a new Nameless One, even more loyal and patriotic than the last. He is easy to convince: he will do anything to secure the well-being of his country and his daughter."
"Oh, how sweet. I simply love a good father-daughter relationship! And when he is willing to sacrifice hundreds of acres of good farmland, not to mention the byproduct of those lives lost, it only seasons the meat."
I had heard enough. Iona was ruled by the Nameless One, who was being forced to weaken his own country to save it. I quietly stole away: back to bed.
That night I slipped out for the first time. The castle was dark and damp, with no light but for a torch ever five yards or so. The hallways were, for the most part, empty, so I had a better chance of surviving the night.
When I heard footsteps and murmured voices, I pressed myself into a corner.
"My lord- how is our little pet?" A silky voice broke free of the gloom.
"Excellent, my child. They have a new Nameless One, even more loyal and patriotic than the last. He is easy to convince: he will do anything to secure the well-being of his country and his daughter."
"Oh, how sweet. I simply love a good father-daughter relationship! And when he is willing to sacrifice hundreds of acres of good farmland, not to mention the byproduct of those lives lost, it only seasons the meat."
I had heard enough. Iona was ruled by the Nameless One, who was being forced to weaken his own country to save it. I quietly stole away: back to bed.
!!!!!! :O :D
ReplyDelete