Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Alíenor 28

28
Too late, I realize something. If I didn't come up with a truthful lie, I could be killed for wearing black.
The date worked perfectly. It was the fourteenth anniversary of my mother's death, and I would not have to risk a lie.
It was raining that night, and thunder echoed through the castle. As I walked towards the Great Hall, lightening flashed through the arrow slits, and cast eerie shadows on the wall. It matched my feelings exactly. I had to desperately hope they gave me the benefit of the doubt. With reasons like those, a coincidence was near impossible for one naïve of the plan.
If I sensed that they had not given me that, and I escaped immediate capture, I would have to flee tonight. This was the reason I had worn leggings and a tunic under, and sewn the skirt to also be a cape, with pockets for supplies. My knife was strapped to my waist, and I wore two daggers- in a boot, and on my arm. Besides the guards, I would be the most heavily armed girl in the room.

1 comment:

  1. Just curious, why do you have numbers underneath the post title?
    :) awesome post, btw!

    ReplyDelete